Publications manager for Hibu
. An exciting new publications project in which I run four magazines across the south west. I cover Bradford on Avon, Keynsham, Chepstow and Abergavenny . My duties include researching, planning and writing, as well as sourcing the photography and laying out the design using InCopy. Most articles are sourced through community submissions.The titles have been incredibly popular with their target audience and are a perfect example of how great content is key to any media strategy.
July 2011- May 2013
SEO Specialist for Creation Media
Head of search engine optimisation and search engine marketing for Bristol based Creation Media which offers end-to-end marketing in print, radio, tv, digital and design.
September 2008 – July 2011
Content Manager for Paintworkz Studios
• Managing a number of international websites, keeping them up to date with fresh content and commissioning articles. In the space of two years we have made Rhino car hire one of the most successful car hire companies in the world with over 50,000 unique visitors daily.
Rhino won the Travolution award for best car hire website 2010 and our blog was also nominated for a travel writing award by Tripbase.
• Three years experience of high quality SEO, with a proven track record of pushing websites into the top 10 of search engine rankings.
• Composing press releases.
January 2010 - current
Travel articles for Off to Europe.
• Help with the online launch of Adriatic Wine Odyssey, a croatian sailing tours company which allows you to sail the vines. SEO Consultancy for market leader Brandstory on Croatian tourism company Adriatica.net
June 2009 – current
Freelance work for Microsoft partner 3CX.
• Blogging and articles about VoIP technology, smartphones, phone systems Commmunications Server and Unified Communications.
August 2007 – August 2008
• Reporter with a regional newspaper.
• Quickly took on a senior role.
• Weekly newspaper with four editions.
• Responsible for a large area covering major events, inquests and trials.
• Allocated specific role as education and crime reporter.
• Helped to maintain newspaper website.
September 2006 – August 2007
• Set up Cricketwukup, a website covering Caribbean cricket.
• The site secured sponsorship from four different companies and was launched in conjunction with the Cricket World Cup.
• It provided an alternative experience of the atmosphere of watching cricket in the West Indies with a number of feature articles, comedy pieces, music, art, photography, videos, and travel writing.
• Wrote for, managed and edited the website.
• Work experience on the sports desk of The Independent newspaper.
• Compiled “Today in the Premiership” section and had four articles published.
The Independent on Sunday
• Work experience with The Independent on Sunday newspaper.
• Articles published for the ‘Agenda’ section.
24 Hour Museum
• Online cultural articles for the 24 hour museum.
Brighton and Hove Argus Newspaper
• Work experience on the sports desk of Brighton and Hove Argus newspaper.
‘What’s On’ Guide to Brighton
• Articles about food, music, sport and cinema for the editorial section of monthly listings.
September 2003 – February 2004
Cloyne Court Cooperative, University of California
• Six months as house secretary for Cloyne Court Cooperative, University of California, Berkeley.
• Writing, editing and distributing the minutes of council meetings to discuss the running and maintenance of the living establishment.
Planet 3 Publishing
• Three weeks at Planet 3 Publishing in Farringdon, researching and compiling a football fact-file for France ’98.
• NCTJ in newspaper journalism at City College Brighton and Hove. Qualified in media law, public affairs and shorthand 90wpm.